The Airguides team is passionate about making travel a win-win for everyone involved. For our travellers, storytellers, partners, local communities and the environment. The only kind of travel we want to promote is responsible travel and we’re always looking for ways to improve.
We share this mission with our travellers and partners (our storytellers and operators). That’s why we have key principles for operating ‘Responsible’ Airguides trips and only work with partners who share our values.
A win-win situation for everyone involved
Responsible travel is part of our core mission and it is something that we're hugely passionate about.
We aim to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure for accommodation and transport where possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local communities and operators.
- Always respect local customs, cultures and natural environments.
- Provide safe, fun and adventurous trips for our travellers.
- Follow the Tiaki Promise (Care for New Zealand) and spread this message via our travellers and storytellers.
- Limit the physical impact of trips in all destination communities, especially sensitive natural and cultural environments.
- Encourage our travellers to connect with local people.
- Not promote any activities that exploit humans or animals.
- Only work with partners who share our values.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Actively reduce our carbon emissions wherever possible and offset the balance.