Airguides wants travel to be a win-win for everyone involved. For our travellers, storytellers, suppliers, local communities and last but not least, the environment. We take responsible travel very seriously and are always looking for ways to improve. It’s a mission we share with all our customers and partners. That’s why we have key principles for operating ‘Responsible’ Airguides trips and only work with partners (our storytellers and suppliers) who share our values.
A win-win situation for everyone involved
Responsible travel is part of our core mission ...
We aim to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure for accommodation and transport where possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Always respect local customs, cultures and natural environments.
- Provide safe, fun and adventurous trips for travellers.
- Follow the Tiaki Promise (Care for New Zealand) and spread the message with our customers and storytellers.
- Limit the physical impact of trips in all destination communities, especially sensitive natural and cultural environments.
- Encourage Airguides travellers to connect with local people.
- Not promote any activities that exploit humans or animals.
- Only work with partners who share our Responsible Travel values.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Actively reduce our carbon emissions wherever possible and offset the balance.